Re: Transaction status in default psql prompt?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Transaction status in default psql prompt?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> What do people think about adding the transaction status indicator to the
> default psql prompt, so it'd look something like this:
>
> peter=# begin;
> BEGIN
> peter*=# foo;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foo" at character 1
> peter!=# rollback;
> ROLLBACK
> peter=#
>
> I think many people would find that useful.
>
> Btw., would anyone mind if the code for this indicator where not %T, but
> say instead %x, because there is a correspondence between psql's codes and
> tcsh's, and tcsh uses %T for the hour of the day, which is something that
> someone might want to add someday.

If you take a close look at the output above, you will see that the
prompt shifts one character to the right when you are in a transaction.
That is going to look terrible.  I don't think we should have a moving
prompt as a default.

Pennsylvania19073