Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:

> >>  void *(*start_routine)(void*)
> >>
> >> Here is our man page:
> >> http://lerami.lerctr.org:8458/en/man/html.3pthread/pthread_create.3pthre
> >> ad. html
> >
> > Yes, that's what I have too.  What if you have the functions taking
> > (void *) rather than void.  Does that make the warnings disappear?
>
> $ r cc
> cc -O -Kpthread test_thread.c -o test_thread -lsocket -lnsl
> $ ./test_thread
> Your functions are all thread-safe
> $

I have updated the code to tighten the cast:
   pthread_create(&thread1, NULL, (void * (*)(void *)) func_call_1, NULL);   pthread_create(&thread2, NULL, (void *
(*)(void*)) func_call_2, NULL);

The change is in CVS.  Does that fix it?

Pennsylvania19073