Re: Transaction status in default psql prompt?

От Darcy Buskermolen
Тема Re: Transaction status in default psql prompt?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 03 September 2003 13:06, Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 19:53, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > What do people think about adding the transaction status indicator to the
> > default psql prompt, so it'd look something like this:
> >
> > peter=# begin;
> > BEGIN
> > peter*=# foo;
> > ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foo" at character 1
> > peter!=# rollback;
> > ROLLBACK
> > peter=#
> >
> > I think many people would find that useful.
>
> Great idea.  Would it be worth while adding the depth with the
> assumption that sub-transactions will appear someday?

I  think this is a good idea as well. While we are on this, has there
ever/recently been any thought to not making transactions marked "failed" in
the event of a syntax error (given we don't have nested transactions), this
becomes most annoying when having to do a large manual set of updates and one
gets sloppy with typing?

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.

Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)