Re: Win32 native port

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Win32 native port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
'k ... quick and dirty summary .. Bruce will probably add to it, but I
know he's busy ... he's so busy that some of the stuff that we put in
place for the Win32 hasn't even been announced yet :)

First, there was a branch created a couple of weeks ago: WIN32_DEV that
you can access via anon cvs ... this is where work in Win32 is going to
happen until its ready to be brought back into the mainstream, and is
based on code from "date: 2003/08/08 17:17:17" (or thereabouts) ...

Second, we created a list specifically for those wishing to dive into and
work on this: pgsql-hackers-win32 ...

Things are in beta right now, which means that most of the developers time
is being spent hardening up for v7.4, but that doesn't preclude anyone
from diving into that branch and submit'ng patches for it ... in fact, if
you are kind enough to put WIN32_DEV in teh subject on postings to
-patches, I'll happily merge in those patches to free up some of Bruce's
time ...

Right now, I'm the only one on the win32 list, so don't expect my heated
discussions from me ... I'm a Unix guy, don't even have a Win box setup
for compiling :)