Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?

От Tommi Maekitalo
Тема Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Dienstag, 2. September 2003 02:30 schrieb Andrew Dunstan:
> Quick fix is probably to turn IPv6 off in the kernel unless it's needed
> - on my RH box that is as simple as removing a line from
> /etc/sysconfig/network and rebooting

Quick fix is to put the right IPv6-adresses into pg_hba.conf, like I did.

The main problem is, that postgresql does not work out of the box.

If it is possible postmaster should do some mapping from IPv4-entries in
pg_hba.conf to IPv6-entries.

> Kurt Roeckx knows more about this than I do, but I know when I turned
> IPv6 on I had to do something similar to what is below - I seem to
> recall we had a discussion about this somewhere.  I think we (or at
> least I) assumed that folks who turned on IPv6 would be able to figure
> this stuff out for themselves. If distributions are starting to ship
> with it turned on we may have to revisit that.

I did not switch IPv6 on. It was on after standard installation.

Tommi Mäkitalo