Re: Nasty problem in hash indexes

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Nasty problem in hash indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 05:37:39PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > If so, then how many other bugs are lurking in the hash index code
> > waiting to bite?
>
> <shrug> Who's to say?  We've found bugs in the btree logic recently,
> too.

I'd rather print a loud warning when a hash index is created, but keep
the code in the tree, than just remove it entirely. That way, we'll
avoid unnecessary bit-rot to some degree, and if someone feels that
they absolutely positively need hash indexes, they will have some
existing work to begin from.

-Neil