Re: I am back

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: I am back
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I have to decide if I should continue in that role for the project.  I
> > do think it is important for our visibility and for growing the
> > community.
>
> That really should be up to you. Conferences are a great way to lift the
> project's profile, and PostgreSQL talks are very popular and well
> attended. However, as your email seems to suggest, they're pretty time
> consuming and generally pretty far away from home. I was definitely
> feeling this last year.

I don't mind the trips.  I usually look forward to it, then a few days
before, I dread it because my life has to stop while I travel, then when
I return I realize how valuable the trip was, and I catch up on my
email.  The only downside is my being away from email for a week every
month.  I read some email while I am away, but I don't have the time to
read most of it because the trips are usually busy times for me.

> To that end, I've spoken to a hand full of people over the last few weeks
> and am trying to find time to put together notes/slides for some
> prepackaged talks which people can deliver to their local user
> groups/conferences.

You can use my "PostgreSQL:  Past, Present, Future" talk for that.  What
I usually do is to talk on the phone with the presenter beforehand and
go over the slides and any questions they have, and they can make the
presentation.

Pennsylvania19073