Re: UnixWare on Current CVS: Success!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: UnixWare on Current CVS: Success!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
NP.  We will get this fixed.  I am still thinking about it, and will do
something when I get to that email.

I am trying to avoid having a template/* variable for each *_r function,
but that may be required.  The "try for *_r library and continue if you
can't find it" just seems too risky.  We might have to add those three
variables and you set to yes/no in each template file for each platform.

Larry Rosenman wrote:

> --On Sunday, August 24, 2003 23:17:07 -0400 Bruce Momjian
> <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>

> > I am working my way through my email to that ***ISSUE*** (*** looks kind
> > of silly, doesn't it).  If you are putting those stars there because I
> > am not working on that issue fast enough for you, well ...
> I posted stuff on Friday/Saturday with no comment, as soon as I returned
> from Las Vegas.
>
> So, I'm a little cranky.
>
> Sorry.
>
> LER

> > --
> >
> > Larry Rosenman wrote:
> >>

> >> --On Sunday, August 24, 2003 22:49:00 -0400 Bruce Momjian

> >> Ok, but we are **STILL** broke for the --enable-thread-safety flag due
> >> to  your commit
> >> requiring all 3 *_r (gethostbyname, strerror, and getpwuid) functions,
> >> even  though all
> >> UnixWare has is the getpwuid_r function.
> >>
> >> Please either revert that requirement, or apply a patch to allow
> >> UnixWare  to compile with
> >> --enable-thread-safety by making the change to src/port/thread.c to use
> >> a  HAVE_GETPWUID_R flag, and arrange for configure to set that flag.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> LER

> >> --
> >> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> >> Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
> >> US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749

> >> TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
>

> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
> US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Pennsylvania19073