Re: Collation rules and multi-lingual databases

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Collation rules and multi-lingual databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> >
> > > I'm not sure that ERROR if the locale cannot be put back is sufficient
> > > (although that case should be rare or non-existant).
> >
> > A bigger risk is that something might elog(ERROR) while you have the
> > "wrong" locale set, denying you the chance to put back the right one.
> > I think this code is not nearly paranoid enough about how much it does
> > while the wrong locale is set.
>
> True, there are calls to palloc, elog, etc inside there, although the elog
> could be removed.

Since most of that work is for an exceptional case, maybe it'd be safer
(although slower) to structure the function as

setlocale
call strxfrm (and that's it)
setlocale back
if there wasn't enough spacemake a new buffersetlocalecall strxfrm (and that's it)setlocale back

Probably putting the sl/strxfrm/sl into its own function.