Re: more fun with 7.3.4 RPMs

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: more fun with 7.3.4 RPMs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 16 August 2003 13:52, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> [root@alphonso andrew]# rpm --test -Uhv postgresql-*7.3.4-1PGDG.*.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         perl(Pg) is needed by postgresql-contrib-7.3.4-1PGDG
> [root@alphonso andrew]#

> [root@alphonso andrew]# rpm -q --whatprovides 'perl(Pg)'
> postgresql-perl-7.2.3-5.80
> [root@alphonso andrew]#

It's the wrong version.

Install with --nodeps, and then install the current Pg module from
gborg.postgresql.org.  I'm still waiting for someone to step up to the plate
and maintain RPM's for the parts of PostgreSQL that were removed from the
main tarball, such as perl.  The python client will likewise need a RPM
maintainer for 7.4 (IIRC; I saw something about the python client being
removed a couple of weeks ago).

I think it's the Rserv contrib module that's throwing the dependency into the
build.

If people can wait a little, I'll try to do it before 7.4 release.  (note: no
beta RPMs yet).
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology