Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Heather,

> Josh - just as an aside, and by no means am I saying that you should only
> cater to US press, but Sept. 1 is a holiday in the US. Typically most people
> are on vacation and your release will get lost while people are out. Also
> keep in mind weekly tech trade deadlines are usually Wednesdays so you need
> to have the release out by Tuesday AM.
>
> So I'd suggest releasing either on Sept. 2, 8, or 9.

The date is hypothetical.   We'll release when 7.4 is ready.  We're also
unlikely to release on 9/1 anway because I'll be out of town.

You are correct, though, we want to avoid a repeat of the 7.3 release, where
it was sent out Thanksgiving week.  And thanks for the info about deadlines.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions