Re: TODO items

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: TODO items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I am marking the completed TODO items.  Are these done?
>
> >     * Have standalone backend read postgresql.conf
>
> [looks] Nope.  No ProcessConfigFile() call in postgres.c.

OK.

> >     * Prevent whole-row references from leaking memory, e.g. SELECT
> >       COUNT(tab.*)
>
> Nope.

OK, I wasn't sure because you had done per-tuple memory contexts.

> >     * Use index to restrict rows returned by multi-key index when used with
> >       non-consecutive keys or OR clauses, so fewer heap accesses
>
> Not sure what this means.

This is a Vadim idea.  The idea was that if you had a multi-key index on
col1,col2,col3, and you wanted to do a lookup on col1,col3, you could
still use the index, and just run through all the matching col1 values
looking for a matching col3 in the index, rather than going to the heap
and looking for a col3 match?  Is this item worth keeping?

> >     * Prevent index uniqueness checks when UPDATE does not modify the column
>
> Not done.

OK.

> >     * Return proper effected tuple count from complex commands [return]
>
> I looked at that TODO.detail file, and it all seems to be ancient
> history.  Didn't we resolve those issues to peoples' satisfaction in 7.3?

I think so. I think MOVE was our last one.

> >     o Allow SHOW of non-modifiable variables, like pg_controldata
>
> I put in read-only variables for the things that seemed most interesting
> (LC_COLLATE for example), but the coverage isn't complete.

I modified the item to say "some" and marked it as done:
       o -Allow SHOW of some non-modifiable variables, like  pg_controldata

Anyone want it kept?

> >         o Allow array declarations and other data types in PL/PgSQL DECLARE
>
> AFAIK this is pretty much fixed.

OK.  Already reported by Joe.

> >         o Add PL/PgSQL PROCEDURES that can return multiple values
>
> Not done (unless this is referring to RETURN NEXT, but I think it's
> talking about multiple output parameters).

I am asking Josh for a new item with clearer wording.  Once we finish
some items, the wording often needs adjusting.

> >         o Add table function support to pltcl, plperl, plpython
>
> Not done.

OK.

> >         o Allow PL/PgSQL to support array element assignment
>
> Done.

OK.

> >     * Make blind writes go through the file descriptor cache
>
> Not done.

OK.

> >     * Improve Subplan list handling
>
> Dunno what this is referring to.

I assume it is related to the subquery stuff you did.  I have marked it
as done.

> >     * Precompile SQL functions to avoid overhead (Neil)
>
> Not done.

OK.

> >     * Add optional CRC checksum to heap and index pages
>
> Not done.

OK.

> >         o Add optional textual message to NOTIFY
>
> Not done, but there is room in the FE/BE protocol now for something like
> this.

OK.

Thanks.  TODO updated.

Pennsylvania19073