Re: Moved simple_prompt()/sprompt.c

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Moved simple_prompt()/sprompt.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian writes:
> >> If a file is needed by three non-backend directories, /port seems to be
> >> the proper place for it.
>
> > src/port is intended for replacement implementations of standard library
> > functions.
>
> I concur, src/port is *not* the right place.  src/port is for stuff that
> is platform-dependent.

Yes, thread.c, path.c, and sprompt.c should be in utils, but how do I do
that?  Utils seems to be a place things are pulled from, rather than a
library that goes with every link.

Is it worth creating another library that acts just like /port but is
called utils, or should we just rename the directory to portutils?

I am looking to move fmtId() over to port too so psql can use it.  It is
already used by pg_dump, and /scripts.

Pennsylvania19073