libpq ERROR: overflow on numeric ABS(value) ...

От markw@osdl.org
Тема libpq ERROR: overflow on numeric ABS(value) ...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello, I need some help understanding an error message.  I've got a
program using libpq where I do a:DECLARE mycursor CURSOR FOR SELECT new_order(...)FETCH ALL IN mycursor

and I get the resulting error from the FETCH more than half the time:ERROR:  overflow on numeric ABS(value) >= 10^4 for
fieldwith precision 4 scale 0

My new_order function is a C library that returns an integer that
returns a number from 0 to 30.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Mark Wong - - markw@osdl.org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation