Re: Seeking PyGreSQL help

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Seeking PyGreSQL help
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tuesday 05 August 2003 04:16, Alastair G. Hogge wrote:
> I'm running PostgreSQL-7.3.3_1 on FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT. I'm trying to use
> python to interface with my database. I'm using Python-2.3 and
> py23-PyGreSQL-7.3.3_1 from the FreeBSD ports tree.
>
> My problem is when I try to connect to the database.
> Following is how the problem occurs:
> <error>
> #python

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> _pg.error: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>         Is the server running on host myhost and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

What happens if you do 'db = _pg.connect("mydb")' from python or 'psql -h
myhost' from the command line?  I suspect that your problem will reverse.  Bt
default PostgreSQL does not run on a TCP/IP port.  You have to turn that on
from the config file.  Don't forget pg_hba.conf if you change that.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
PyGreSQL Development Group