Re: "truncate all"?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: "truncate all"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Guys,

> I wouldn't care for that either.  The prior suggestion of "TRUNCATE tab
> CASCADE" (to truncate any tables with FK dependencies on the original
> target, instead of failing) seems more reasonable.

I agree with Tom ... even the idea of a "TRUNCATE ALL" makes me nervous.  If
we had such a feature, I'd advocate that it be superuser only.

As for "TRUNCATE CASCADE" or similar improvements, I agree that they could be
convenient ... but are easily worked around currently.   So I wouldn't object
to putting TRUNCATE CASCADE on the todo list, but would argue that it be left
to the people who asked for it to implement it.

As far as

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions