Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 01:10:49PM -0400, Chad N. Tindel wrote:
> > Hmmm?
> >
> > The point is something called security.
>
> There is no such thing as a "proper amount of security that is correct for
> all operating environments".

Whoever said there was? I didn't.

> > This has no logic. Security is fundamental. No security is fundamentally
> > incorrect.
>
> Well, you could make a box very secure by unplugging all the LAN cables from
> it and putting it in a giant safe deposit box.  However, I would say that such
> a machine would be fundamentally incorrect for most operating environments.

Nice strawmen. Too bad it's a logical fallacy.

> Many people run their machines with "+ +" in root's .rhosts file because it
> eases the task of doing administration.  They work in a company where the box is
> behind a firewall on some public network and they need there computers to

How about people inside the company? Are they all nice people who live in
happy valley?

> get real work done.... they don't want things like "security" to get in the
> way because nobody is trying to hack those machines.

I digress.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +

Сообщение: Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls
Сообщение: Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls