Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Weekly News - July 30th 2003

От Robert Treat
Тема Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Weekly News - July 30th 2003
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey Thierry,
I'm forwarding this on to the hackers group to see if we can get an
authoritative answer, as you don't want to rely on my fuzzy memory. :-)
Anyone know the scoop on this?

Robert Treat

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Weekly News - July 30th 2003
Date: Thursday 31 July 2003 03:24
From: Thierry Missimilly <THIERRY.MISSIMILLY@BULL.NET>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc: pgsql-announce@postgresql.org

Hi,

Nothing is said about "Multi-threaded use of SQLCA" in 7.4.

I have developed  a pgBench in PRO*C with each Client symbolized by a UserThread. It runs on Oracle 9i but, on
PostgreSQL,it crashes or hang after awhile due to the the fact that the Postgres ProC 7.3.2 isn't thread-safe.

I have read in the TODO list that SQLCA is planed to be Thread_Safe in 7.4.Will it be ?
   Thierry