Re: followup on previous

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: followup on previous
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris,

> I just seem to recall a discussion where we decided to 'standardise' on
> PostgreSQL...I'm not fussed tho.

Putting on marketing hat:

While branding is important, unlike other projects the shortened version of
our name is still distinctive and unique ... "Postgres" is unlikely to be
mistaken for anything else.

So we should use "PostgreSQL" whenever we can remember, and correct the
abbreviated form where we see it in the documentation, but it's probably not
worth a global search-and-replace in the docs.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions