Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Guys:

> That assumes we know what the shape of the log tables will be, but this
> isn't quite clear to me - I can imagine it being different for different
> needs.  Having an external program to parse the logs into INSERT
> statements would not be hard, anyway, so I'm not sure that this would
> buy us much. I'll think about it more. In any case, it should be done in

My simple suggestion would be to have the option of outputting log entries as
tab-delimited data.   Then the admin could very easily write a script to load
it into a table or tables; we could even supply a sample perl script on
techdocs or somewhere.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name
Сообщение: Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name