Re: postgresql.conf

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ron,

> I don't know if this is representative of other postgresql installs, but
> I would also put in my vote for the differentiation added, as these are
> not small machines but are multi-server boxes.

But how is the Multi-purpose configuration different from the Small Machine
configuration?    If the actual settings are the same, we just need to
explain somewhere what it means.

I'll argue pretty strongly against including a seperate MP configuration
because it would raise our number of suggested sets to 10 from 7.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions