От: Robert Treat
Тема: Re: postgresql.conf
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

postgresql.conf  ("scott.marlowe", )
 Re: postgresql.conf  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: postgresql.conf  (Ron Johnson, )
 Re: postgresql.conf  ("Robert Treat", )
  Re: postgresql.conf  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: postgresql.conf  (Ron, )
    Re: postgresql.conf  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: postgresql.conf  ("scott.marlowe", )
      Re: postgresql.conf  (Josh Berkus, )
      Re: postgresql.conf  (cafweb, )

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:59:23 -0600 (MDT), "scott.marlowe" wrote:

> I'm looking at doing the example postgresql.conf files for the 7.4
> release. So far, the catagories we have would be a matrix of:
>
> -------------- Large Machine -- Small Machine
> Webserver
> OLAP
> OLTP
> Workstation
>
> But likely only one entry for workstation.
>
> anyone have any advice on what they use in which situations and what we
> should include in the examples?
>
> I'm guessing OLTP needs things like FSM cranked up,
> OLAP (a for analytical) needs more shared buffers and sort memory
> Webserver might be better served just slightly higher values than default
> but well under those of either OLTP or OLAP...

Are you planning on differentiating between dedicated machines and multi-server
machines? For example, a dedicated database for a webserver would be tuned
differently from a server that was running both the webserver and the database on
the same machine.

Robert Treat