Re: pg_dump

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 07:18:13PM +0200, Frank Finner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> surely you are right. I?m still using 7.2.3 as production database, so I
> have no experience with .pgpass. Where to put .pgpass if you use pg_dump
> from a PHP script and the database user is not a system user?

I think you need the .pgpass in the home directory of the user
running the server processing the PHP (e.g. ~apache or ~nobody or
whatever you use).  I'm not sure how well it will work, though, given
that those users typically have /bin/false as a shell.  I haven't
tested it.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110