pgsql-server/src/backend/utils/init miscinit.c

От momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian)
Тема pgsql-server/src/backend/utils/init miscinit.c
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@svr1.postgresql.org    03/07/27 16:39:13

Modified files:
    src/backend/utils/init: miscinit.c

Log message:
    Tom, happier with the attached patch?

    I'd have to disagree with regards to the memory leaks not being worth
    a mention - any such leak can cause problems when the PostgreSQL
    installation is either unattended, long-living andor has very high
    connection levels. Half a kilobyte on start-up isn't negligible in
    this light.

    Regards, Lee.

    Tom Lane writes:
    > Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk> writes:
    > > Guys, attached is a patch to fix two memory leaks on start-up.
    >
    > I do not like the changes to miscinit.c.  In the first place, it is not
    > a "memory leak" to do a one-time allocation of state for a proc_exit
    > function.  A bigger complaint is that your proposed change introduces
    > fragile coupling between CreateLockFile and its callers, in order to
    > save no resources worth mentioning.  More, it introduces an assumption
    > that the globals directoryLockFile and socketLockFile don't change while
    > the postmaster is running.  UnlinkLockFile should unlink the file that
    > it was originally told to unlink, regardless of what happens to those
    > globals.
    >
    > If you are intent on spending code to free stuff just before the
    > postmaster exits, a better fix would be for UnlinkLockFile to free its
    > string argument after using it.

    Lee Kindness

Сообщение: pgsql-server/contrib/oid2name oid2name.c
Сообщение: pgsql-server/contrib/oid2name oid2name.c