Re: quick question about PreparedStatements

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: quick question about PreparedStatements
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 24/07/2003 19:55 Felipe Schnack wrote:
>   Can I use a single PreparedStatement to create various ResultSets and
> get data from all of them at the same time?

I don't think so. The Javadoc for Statement says:

"By default, only one ResultSet object per Statement object can be open at
the same time"

To me, this suggests that some db's may allow multiple ResultSets per
Statement but that such extensions would be non-portable. Looking at the
source for AbstactJdbc1Statement, it has

protected java.sql.ResultSet result = null;

So it looks like PG has the one ResultSet to one Statement implementation.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |