Re: Criteria for contrib/ versus gborg?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Criteria for contrib/ versus gborg?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew,

> Arguments?  None of those three address the obvious marketing benefit
> of having replication shipping with the main tarball, I know.

Those are pretty strong arguments ... and we can't let PostgreSQL new
"marketing awareness" sway us to the point that we start making technically
unfeasable decisions.   So, I'm backing down ... I think despite the PR
argument in favor of including eRServer as a download is seriously outweighed
by Andrew's technical argument.

So that we can get some PR milage out of it though, can we make sure that
eRServer gets posted to GBorg about the same day as the 7.4 release?   That
way we can at least include eRServer in our announcement.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco