Re: Trigger Function DML and Permissions

От Jason Godden
Тема Re: Trigger Function DML and Permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Raymond,

Have you tried using the SECURITY DEFINER option when you create a function?
This runs the function with the same privileges as the user who defined the
function.  If you are clever with the definer user and limit their access to
various database objects you may get what you want.  If you need to change
permissions in the middle of a function you could presumably create smaller
plpgsql functions with security definer and leave the others to security
invoker.  The doesn't know that this is going on as all the security stuffs
is done at the server.

Cheers,

Jason