Re: Q: Executing functions at connect/disconnect?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Q: Executing functions at connect/disconnect?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think the rule on pg_stat_activity doesn't work because it isn't a
real table.

One idea is to create a temp table, which is deleted automatically when
the session ends.  Try a rule on pg_class.  That might work.

Mattias Kregert wrote:
> Is it possible to use pg_backend_pid() or pg_stat_activity in some way?
>
> I tried to put a rule on pg_stat_activity:
>   create rule cleanup as on delete to pg_stat_activity do ... <cleanup code>
>
> ...but it does not work... i disconnected and the backend was removed from pg_stat_activity, but the rule did not
execute...does anybody know why??

> /Mattias

backendin some way, but I don't know how to do that.
> > B. If this function is exeuted by a cron job or something, then some rows will be marked as "in  use" and
unavailableto other clients for some time... I would have to run this frequently to be sure that no objects are left
behindfor too long. Besides, it is an ugly solution. :/