Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 18 July 2003 18:11, Andrew Gould wrote:
> > They match up pretty much as you would expect
> > int4=>long integer etc. One
> > thing to watch out for is booleans - come through as
> > 0/-1 in Access.
> >
> >   Richard Huxton
>
> I'm dealing with this specific issue for the first
> time.  How do you suggest dealing with the boolean
> incompatibility issue?  I can't seem to make
> checkboxes work; but I want to keep the pgsql boolean
> datatype. Is there a way to change the value input by
> checkboxes? Or do I have to go with the text input of
> T, F, Y or N?

I could have sworn they did work in Access, but I'm not in Windows at the
moment.

The issue I was talking about is that if you pass raw SQL to the database
you'll want to use "T" whereas in recordsets etc you can carry on using "-1"
etc.

If I get back into Windows before I knock off tonight I'll have a quick check.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions
Сообщение: Re: Access 97 DB to Postgres Migration Questions