Re: IPv4 addresses, unsigned integers, space

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: IPv4 addresses, unsigned integers, space
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 22:12:13 +0200,
  Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
>
> >> Does PostgreSQL already implement these data types?  I don't think so.
> >> If I succeed in implementing them, would you accept a patch?
> >
> > You can have unsigned integers using a domain with a check constraint.
>
> They take twice as much storage as necessary.

This depends on the range of numbers you need. If you specifically need
integers greater than 2^31-1 and don't need any greater than 2^32-1, then
that is true. In most cases there won't be a per item space penalty.

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?