Re: [ADMIN] problems with pg_restore

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [ADMIN] problems with pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 04:03:13PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> Given the current implementation, it seems like there are three possible
> behaviors for COMMENT ON DATABASE when the database name isn't the same
> as the current database:

There's a fourth possibility:  ignore the command and issue a WARNING.
Restores the database in both cases (in same database and in a different
one), and sets the correct comment only if the database name is correct,
giving a hint that the comment should be manually set.

"I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the
fonts on the menu.  Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking
about food" (Donald Knuth)