Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL

От: Andrew Sullivan
Тема: Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Paul Thomas, )

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 12:51:02PM -0700, Balazs Wellisch wrote:

> Unfortunatelly, compiling from source is not really an option for us. We use
> RPMs only to ease the installation and upgrade process. We have over a
> hundred servers to maintaine and having to compile and recompile software
> everytime a new release comes out would be waaaaay too much work.

It's not clear that the RPMs will help you in ease of upgrade.  More
precisely, be real sure you dump your database before upgrading major
versions (e.g. 7.3.x to 7.4.x).

----
<>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110