Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 11:25:14AM -0700, Nikolaus Dilger wrote:
> Alexandre,
>
> Since you want the fastest speed I would do the 2 data
> disks in RAID 0 (striping) not RAID 1 (mirroring).

Note that RAID 0 buys you nothing at all in redundancy.  So if the
point is to be able to recover from a disk failure, you need 1 (or
some combination of 0 and 1, or 5).

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

От: Shridhar Daithankar
Сообщение: Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL
Сообщение: Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL