Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL

От: Jim C. Nasby
Тема: Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Paul Thomas, )

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 12:51:02PM -0700, Balazs Wellisch wrote:
> > Alternatively, you simply compile 7.3.3 from source. I've upgraded most my
> > machines that way.
> >

> Unfortunatelly, compiling from source is not really an option for us. We use
> RPMs only to ease the installation and upgrade process. We have over a
> hundred servers to maintaine and having to compile and recompile software
> everytime a new release comes out would be waaaaay too much work.

If you aren't settled on OS yet, take a look at FreeBSD, or one of the
linuxes that have better app management. Keeping pgsql up-to-date using
ports on FreeBSD is pretty painless (for that matter, so is keeping the
OS itself up-to-date).
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant