Re: corrupt data

От Zeno Davatz
Тема Re: corrupt data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera writes:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 09:32:12AM +0200, Zeno R.R. Davatz wrote:
>
>> Out of some reason our data of our postgresql database has been corrupted. When we try to connect to the database we
get:

>> psql: ERROR:  _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_type_oid_index:
>> No such file or directory
>>
>> REINDEX does not work. We get the same error.
>
> Did you try REINDEX with a standalone backend using -P?
Thanks for the hint - we tried that but still could not connect to the
database. In the meantime we could get access to some data with pgfsck 0.14
 - great tool, great maintainer, very dedicated (Tom Lane says pgfsck does
not exist).

What I forgot to mention:
I installed lm-sensors (cvs) version and force-loaded some drivers. Then
sensors-detect gave me a segmentation fault. Do you think that could have
caused the data-corruption?

Thanks for feedback.

Zeno

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL CASE Support
От: Raymond
Сообщение: Insert Updates Deletes on Views; Triggers on System Tables