Re: Fundraising

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Fundraising
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> The first place donations should go is to defray the costs of hosting the
> postgresql project (www.postgresql.org, bruce's candle site, etc...)
>
> Once those things are payed for THEN the extra money can be used for
> marketing efforts, but in my opinion, the first place to spend any
> donations is on defraying the costs that folks have incurred for hosting /
> bandwidth

Personally, as one that is 'incurring the costs' ... I'd rather see such
funding go towards better visibility at conferences and such ... even if
its not a CORE developer being flown in, there are costs involved such as
getting signage printed, and a decent booth setup ... an Advocacy fund
should be *exactly* that ... a fund to help cover the costs of advocacy
and promotion ...