Re: System advices

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: System advices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:31:59AM +0200, Hakan Uysal wrote:

> My question is are there any experiences or advices for:
> 1.) Is it possible (I think sure)

I'm not sure what you mean by "cluster", but if you mean automatica
failover from one database server to another while hot, the answer
is, "No."  You can replicate from one to another, but there is no hot
failover right now.

> 2.) How stable is postgresql running with many "clients" (aprox. 600-900)

Live connections, or through a pool?  I think the latter would be
preferable, although you could do the former, I suppose.

> 3.) What hardware do you advice for the servers

Depends on what experience you already have.  We use Sun boxes and
Intel with Linux.  If I have my preference, I use Intel and BSD.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110