Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003...

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 02:12:56PM -0700, Sean Chittenden wrote:
> The SGML docs aren't in the DBA's face and are way out of the way for
> DBAs rolling out a new system or who are tuning the system.  SGML ==
> Developer, conf == DBA.

I could not disagree more.  I'd say more like, if the dba won't read
the manual, get yourself a real dba.  Sorry, but so-called
professionals who won't learn their tools have no home in my shop.

Recently, someone pointed out to me that there _was_ a deficiency
in the docs -- one I thought was not there.  And in that case, I was
more than willing to be chastised.  But claiming that inadequate
comments in the config file are the only things dbas will lok at,
well, frankly, I'm offended.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110