Rules and actions involving multiple rows

От Jason Godden
Тема Rules and actions involving multiple rows
Дата
Re: Rules and actions involving multiple rows  (Dmitry Tkach <dmitry@openratings.com>)
Re: Rules and actions involving multiple rows  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

Just have a quick question regarding rules:

In the past I've always used triggers to fire before or after events however I
see that the same thing can be achieved through rules (for logging etc...) so
I created a rule which fires on update (not DO INSTEAD) however it only seems
to work for a single row - whereas the triggers work for all rows updated in
a transaction.  Is this correct and if so I presume I should be sticking to
triggers if I want this kind of behaviour?

Rgds,

Jason