Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets

От: Andrew Sullivan
Тема: Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets  (The Hermit Hacker, )
  Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets  (Vincent van Leeuwen, )
   Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets  (Andrew Sullivan, )
    Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets  (Rod Taylor, )

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 05:47:27PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan <> writes:
> > How could it be the transport affects the time for the query as
> > reported by the back end?
>
> How much data is being sent back by the query?

In this case, it's an all-aggregate query:

select count(*), min(id) from sometable where owner = int4;

(Yeah, yeah, I know.  I didn't write it.)

But it's the EXPLAIN ANALYSE that's reporting different times
depending on the transport.  That's what I find so strange.

> Do you have SSL enabled?  SSL encryption overhead is nontrivial,
> especially if any renegotiations happen.

No.

--
----
<>                              M2P 2A8