Re: Q: Executing functions at connect/disconnect?

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Q: Executing functions at connect/disconnect?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 20:37:08 +0200,
  Darko Prenosil <Darko.Prenosil@finteh.hr> wrote:

> But unfortunately, I think that triggers and rules are not working on system
> objects.

You can't put triggers on system tables. I am not sure about rules, but I
would expect the same limitation.

You probably need a monitoring process that notices when backends go away.
At worst you could have it check every so often. I don't know if notify
works with system tables. If it does you could have the process wake up
on the events of interest.