Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Strange result: UNIX vs. TCP/IP sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
'K, this is based on "old information", I don't know if Sun changed it
'yet again' ... but, when I was working at the University, one of our IT
directors gave me a report that deal with something Sun did (god, I'm so
detailed  here, eh?) to "mimic" how Microsoft broke the TCP/IP protocol
... the report was in relation to Web services, and how the change
actually made Sun/Solaris appear to be slower then Microsoft ...

And Sun made this the 'default' setting, but it was disablable in
/etc/systems ...

Sorry for being so vague, but if I recall correctly, it had something to
do with adding an extra ACK to each packet ... maybe even as vague as the
above is, it will jar a memory for someone else?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org