Re: Unicode errors?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Unicode errors?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 04 Jul 2003 9:48 am, mixo wrote:
> The following message have been reported in the logs during data insertion:
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence
> found (0xc567)
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Unicode >= 0x10000
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in
> "0112022200@host.name": can't parse "@host.name"
[snip]
> So LANG was set to C, and the problem disappeard.
> What could be the cause of the problem?
>
> perl-5.8.0-88
> perl-DBI-1.32-5
> perl-DBD-Pg-1.21-2
> postgresql-7.3.2-3
> Redhat 9 (2.4.20-8smp)

I think it might well be the known issues with RedHat's recent locale changes
(to unicode) and Perl. Try googling for "redhat perl unicode utf" or similar
- there's been plenty of discussion.

The standard suggestion seems to be to remove the "UTF8" part of the LANG
settings from your RedHat installation.

--
  Richard Huxton

Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin III - Call for Translators
Сообщение: RE : [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin III - Call for Translators