Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003...

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I'm curious how many of the configuration values can be determined
> automatically, or with the help of some script.  It seem like there
> could be some perl script in contrib that could help figure this out.
> Possibly you are asked a bunch of questions and then the values are
> computed based on that.   Something like:
>
> How many tables will the system have?
> How much memory will be available to the postmaster?
> How many backends will there typically be?
> What is the avg seek time of the drive?
> What's the transfer rate of the drive?
>
> Seems to me that a lot of reasonable default values can be figure out
> from these basic questions.  FSM settings, Sort Mem, Random Page Cost,
> Effective Cache Size, Shared Memor, etc, etc.

Someone was working on a thing called pg_autotune or some such program
that'd do exactly what you're thinking of.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2002-10/msg00101.php
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgautotune/projdisplay.php

--
Sean Chittenden

Сообщение: Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003...
Сообщение: Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003...