Re: Concatenating two Text fields from the same tuple

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Concatenating two Text fields from the same tuple
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 06:16:35PM +0100, psql-mail@freeuk.com wrote:
> Question 2: If not - is it possible for me to concatenate attr1 and
> attr2 before i do the search as this would remove the logic problems. (
> and if it is possible - is it efficient?)

I don't know the answer to your other problems, but the "||" operator
allows you to concatenate.  And "where field1||field2 = 'something'"
works.  Whether it'd be efficienct is another question.  Maybe you
could do something fancy with a partial index or something, but I
can't think how.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110