Re: PSQL NEWBIE - RUNTIME ERROR

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: PSQL NEWBIE - RUNTIME ERROR
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If you link to a library on your system that is not in your library path,
you will get this problem.

The solutions is basically one of:
- Create a symlink to the lib in a directory that is in the path (like
/usr/local/lib)
- Add the directory to your /etc/ld.so.conf
- Add it to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable

Rerun ldconfig  in any case.

Hope this helps.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 05:07:53PM +0200, FTL Africa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a fairly new user of postgresql on linux. I have followed the instruction quite well, I'm sure. I have been
workingon the first program example in C and am getting an error when I run the first program test "testlibpq.c" (I
haven'ttried the other tests). This is the error msg I am getting:

> ./testlibpq:error in loading shared libraries
>
> libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
>
> These are the version I am working with:
>
> postgreSQL : 7.2.1
>
> linux : 2.0.32
>
> gcc : 2.7.2.3
>
> I compiled using:
>
> cc -c -I/usr/local/pgsql/include testlibpq.c
>
> linked with:
>
> cc -0 testlibpq testlibpq.0 -L/usr/local/psql/lib -lpq
>
> ran with:
>
> ./testlibpq
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated. I am stuck at this point right now.
>
> Thanks In Advance,
>
> Litso

> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

Вложения

От: Jean-Christian Imbeault
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate key insert question
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate key insert question