Re: Create Data Base fails

От Martin Marques
Тема Re: Create Data Base fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mar 01 Jul 2003 10:11, Andrew Gould wrote:
> Are you using advanced authentication in phppgadmin?
>
> Could this be caused when phppgadmin is configured to
> have the database superuser connect to template1 to
> manage user logins?

phpPgAdmin has nothing to do, now that I made some tests.

1) I conected to template1 using user postgres using psql
2) With user bbuser (which can create databases) I try to create a
database from inside psql:

phpbb=> create database pruebatp;
ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: source database "template1" is being accessed by
other users
phpbb=>

So it seems that when template1 is been accessed, create database can't be
used (there seems to be a good reason for that, no?).

Now, could this be a problem with phpPgAdmin conecting by default to
template1?

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?