Re: Translation request of pgAdmin3 into Czech

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Translation request of pgAdmin3 into Czech
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dear Jan,

> Yes, I will do it.

Great. We are very thankfull for your help to translate into Czech.

http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=4? This is where translations
are coordinated. I CC my answer to the list for information.

You will also need to checkout pgAdmin3 from CVS to get pgadmin3.pot file
updates.

> 1. Is there any deadline for translation?

No, pgAdmin is free software, there are no deadlines. Just do your best.

> 2. Do you recommend for translation of database terms any terminologie?
> (Oracle, IBM, MS, Sybase ...). I will not translate db terms myself (like
> trigger etc.), but I will use terms, which are in use.

Personnaly, I keep many db terms untranslated in French because users may be
confused. We wrote some guidelines about it, but they still need approvement
of other translators.

> 3. Do I have to use UTF-8 or iso-8859-2 codepage for translation?

We try to use UTF-8 when possible.

Do not hesitate to get back to us on pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org for any
question.

Cheers,