Re: Getting all rows even if not a member of any groups

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Getting all rows even if not a member of any groups
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 13:13:07 +0200, Együd Csaba <csegyud@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Hi,

Please don't reply to messages to start a new thread.

> I have a product table identified by its id field. There is a productgroups
> table with productisd, productgroupid fields. And I have a prod_in_pgr
> (productid, productgroupid) table which describes the membership of
> productgroups. Each product can be a member of zero or more productgroups,
> but one productgroup can contain a product only once.
>
> I would like to list the following information:
>     productgroupid | productid | ... some other prouduct info | ...
>
> I need all the products even if it is not a member in any productgroups. I
> need these information ordered by productgroup and then productid.
> --------------------------------
> An example:
>
> select t_productgroups.name as pgroup,
>          t_products.id as productid
> from t_products
> join t_prod_in_pgr on (t_products.id=productid)
> join t_productgroups on (t_productgroups.id = t_prod_in_pgr.productgroupid)
> order by pgroup, productid;

I think you want something like:
select t_productgroups.name as pgroup,        t_products.id as productid
from t_products
left join (t_prod_in_pgr
join t_productgroups on (t_productgroups.id = t_prod_in_pgr.productgroupid))
on (t_products.id=productid)
order by pgroup, productid;

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: