Manual fixing of plpgsql_call_handler binary location -- good idea?

От Adam Haberlach
Тема Manual fixing of plpgsql_call_handler binary location -- good idea?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I know that we're all in end-of-release hurry, but I've got a quick
question.
We've got some machines that had postgres installed in /usr/local/pgsql
and we are moving their data directories, wholesale, onto machines with
postgres in the standard RedHat locations.  This works just fine except
for the hardcoded-ness of the plpgsql_call_handler having been
previously set to /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so
Will I destroy things if I execute
update pg_proc set probin = '/usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so' where proname = 'plpgsql_call_handler';
On the machines?  This seems to work, but I wanted to see if anyone
out there wanted to tell me about this being a really stupid idea.

--
Adam Haberlach         |  "When your product is stolen by thieves, you
adam@mediariffic.com   |  have a police problem.  When it is stolen by